Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Why is it??

That I ran a half marathon 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I was terrified to run 4 miles today. And even more - why were those 4 miles SO HARD!!! I swear, I was so close to stopping today because running just exhausted me. I did realize after I finished that at about 2 1/2 miles I increased the incline. I was so exhausted that I pushed the incline down just to make sure I wasn't on an incline - well, my brain must have been exhausted too, because instead of pushing down, I pushed up. It wasn't THAT much of a difference, because it was only up 1 or 2 levels, so like 2.5%, but it helps me feel a little better about the run being so hard. So I'm planning on running 6 miles on Saturday. I'm hoping it's a little easier than today was. I'm tempted to cut it down to 5, but you know me - I'm a slave to my schedule, even if I did create this schedule. I think my muscles are tired, so I'll rest them tomorrow & do weights instead, and hopefully that will help.
Anyway, as for the rest of my midweek check in. It's going good so far. I ran 2 miles Mon. and walked an extra 1 1/2 miles. Yesterday I ran 2 miles and did weights, and today 4.
I've been doing good on my eating, and having more fruit this week. I really notice a difference when I eat more fruit. I need to keep up on that.
The area I need to improve the most is still sleep. I'm SO tired, because I stay up too late just trying to get a little alone time/ unwind time after going all day.
My leg is still very sore. I stopped taking ibuprofen in the middle of last week, to get an accurate picture of what the pain really was. I've been stretching a ton, and it helps a little, but I think just time will heal it the most. I did take some today because I was really as scared for this 4 miles today, as the first time we did it. And the ibuprofen really helps a lot. I'm going to dinner with some friends on Friday night. I'm going to TRY to eat healthy, but I might weigh in Friday morning just in case I blow it on Friday night.

2 comments:

  1. I am having the same issue! You would think after running 13.1 miles anything would seem easy, but everytime I think about running I think WOW that is far. You have been super busy lately so your body is probally just tired. You are doing so great. And everytime I see you mostly these last photos I can't believe how skinny you are! You are doing awesome! And WHEN you make your appoitment I would love to watch the trouble makers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't easy because you guys have not rested! It is okay, you'll feel better about it soon enough. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete