Sunday, May 2, 2010

Thoughts

We all know I'm stuck in a RUT! A BIG rut. The good news is you guys are great motivators. Soon life is going to get back to normal around here, and believe me, I am looking forward to it. I honestly wish I hadn't wasted the last 3 months letting life stop me from reaching my goals, but it goes back to that old saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". That is how it has been my whole life...stuff happens and I lose focus. As I talk to you guys it amazes me how you can find time to exercise and eat right when you are so busy. I can't seem to do it! I can't seem to get my butt out of bed to exercise at 5:30am...yes 5:30am because I've got to eat breakfast, drink water, and get ready just to be there by 6am. I have not been eating too bad apparently because I have been able to consistently maintain this 3 months. I have not lost, unless I was sick, and I have not gone over my last weigh in weight. I love the times I've lost, but because I did not lose it right, it came back.

Now that the sun is up when I need to get up I am finding it easier to NOT sleep in. So, here's the plan. I am going to get my booty up and exercise on Mon, Wed, and Friday. I am assuming I'm not going to get much strength training in because Marlo doesn't get there until 6:30 and besides that, it is going to get hot here really soon. So, on Tuesday and Thursday I will have to do strength training. I was thinking of doing my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on those days, but if I do it will have to be after Skyler because there is not enough room in the living room for both of us. LOL.

To be honest, my eating habits are not going to change. I eat out when I can't seem to get dinner done at a decent time, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fix that problem because even if we don't eat out, we eat something quick, which is just as bad. No matter what we take in extra calories. The one thing I am going to desperately try to change and I have NO idea how is cut out soda. Like Korina said last week, "Some days you just need a coke". I have had those days a lot lately. Soda is horrible anyway because it makes my skin break out like crazy. That is the one thing I hate about drinking it.

I hate to say it, but you guys need to be hard on me. Don't accept my excuses. Believe me, I'm good at coming up with them, especially in this area of my life. Yell at me if you have to! Give me guilt trips, I don't know. I need a Jillian. Someone who's gonna totally kick my butt if I don't eat right. LOL HELP!! =)

by the way, this starts tomorrow cuz I've gotta Pepsi in the fridge with my name on it!! hahahaha

3 comments:

  1. Kim, don't beat yourself up over the past - you're starting fresh and new tomorrow! You can do it. By the way, I don't know how you can wake up at 5:30 either, I'm just very grateful I have a treadmill, and can get on when Sydney goes down for a nap. You are always welcome to drop the kids off here while you go exercise.
    Here's just a thought - take it or leave it - would it work to take a little time once a week, maybe Sat. or Sun. and prepare freezer meals for the week? I have a recipe book of 30 freezer meals. Most of them are pretty healthy, or at least you can make healthier alternatives i.e. fat free sour cream, reduced fat cream of chicken. They are very yummy, and the main meals I make here. You are free to borrow it if you want. Anyway, that way, they are made and you don't have to do any prep work during the week, just pop it in the oven, and it cooks while you take baby Logan home, and by the time you get home you can take it out of the oven and eat. Just an idea.
    Kim, I know you can do it. You are very strong, and when you put your mind to something, nothing stops you. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. just one other comment, then I'll shut up:) That's awesome that you haven't gained any weight. I heard that if you just burn 500 calories more per day (then you are now) and don't do anything to change your eating, you'll lose 1 pound per week. Because 7 X 500 = 3500, which equals 1 pound. And each pound adds up, and you won't feel like you're depriving yourself. (by cutting out the calories from soda alone that is a couple hundred calories per day as well. - depending on how much you drink.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim! Hey lately Marlo has been getting there and we have started strength training right away and she does her running after we leave. It is nice that way we get some in! Also you have wieghts and I have bands so we can also bring those and get some in too! You can do it!! Also we can ride together which helps me also get out of bed!

    ReplyDelete