Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Happens!

So I think I should officially bow out of early morning workouts. I could not go today because I had to be at the courthouse at 8:30am, which was a chore of course. Jury duty always is. Luckily I decided to leave early this morning because my car had no gas AND there was an accident at the top of the on-ramp at Charleston which was slowing things down a lot. People love to see chaos. I barely made it there on time and I left an hour early! j

Okay back to the subject... on Wednesday I have to be at Jessica's at 4:30am!! I offered so she wouldn't have to find someone else. I lost a weeks worth of money last week, I can't afford to lose anymore! On top of that, Skyler has been having to go into the branch early every day because the new procedures are VERY time consuming. Sometimes he ends up working close to 12 hours with NO overtime because he's salary. They did that on purpose! They knew he'd be working overtime so made him salary to save money! Ugh...gotta lotta rants tonight. =)

Well, with no one to wake up the kids and get them ready for school, other than myself, I am finding it VERY difficult to exercise in the morning. So, like I said, I think I have to bow out. I give up! Skyler's schedule is going to change in June anyway and at that time I'd have to find a new schedule so I decided I'm just going to quit now.

The new question is....WHEN AM I GONNA DO THIS???? I am so frustrated. I know Sarah has offered to help, but finding a convenient time during the day is so difficult when I'm juggling 7 kids. Matthew and Jayden only have 3 weeks of school left and then it REALLY will be 7 kids ALL DAY!!

5 comments:

  1. Skyler going to work at 7am means he gets off at 4:30 and you could go to Rec Center and workout. You already have the memebership so it wouldn't cost you anything. Or you could drop off baby Logan then on your way hit the gym and Skyler can have dinner waiting for you!! One more idea is I don't mind helping either! Okay there are my ideas! I know it is hard and if you need help I don't mind. Gary schedule changes in the Fall. I won't be able to workout in the morning. So I will be stressing out in September! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Kim. That is hard. I agree with all of Korina's ideas, and yes, I really don't mind watching while you go workout either. Hopefully once June hits Skyler won't have to work so late anymore right? And I know when he is home you'd rather be spending time with him, but just tell yourself 30 min. You don't need to work out for hours. And those 30 min. will help you feel SO much better, and help you get some ME time that you desperately need considering you have a house full of boys. Also, once treeline park opens again we could always go there in the mornings with all the kids & let them play and you can do the track. (yeah, the heat is an issue - take lots of water) Kids are happy, you're there & we're there too. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. the park at Treeline is open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or I am sure we can find a waterpark with a track around it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so here's another idea. Running isn't the only way to exercise. You have the wii fit, Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, and I also have the Biggest Loser workout DVD - it has one disc for cardio workout and one disc for strength training with 3 different levels on each, easiest level is 20 min, then you can add another level as it gets easier to keep challenging yourself, the other two levels are 10 min each. It is a GREAT workout. You may borrow it for as long as you'd like, or I can even make you a copy. If you could decide on a time to make your workout time, like while Baby Logan is asleep, or as the kids are eating lunch? My kids actually like doing it with me, so it's not like all the kids have to be gone. I don't know. You know your daily routine, but try to keep it the same every day and the kids will know it's your 30 min. that they have to entertain themselves by games or reading? I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. I'm sure with that many kids there it's hard to have the same routine every day, but I just know how much you want this, I want you to succeed.

    ReplyDelete