Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sarah's Midweek Report

After my morning run of 5 miles last Saturday, I did thoroughly enjoy eating. BUT I still didn't do as bad as I had the weekend before. I even went running again that night and ran 4 miles, and walked an extra 1 1/2 miles, so I felt really good about the weekend. Until.... right after church on Sunday I was exhausted and hungry and I didn't feel like being healthy so I wasn't. I didn't do horribly, just not the healthiest of choices, so I did still gain some weight over the weekend, which is always expected for me. And today I FINALLY got back to my weigh in weight. It is coming off slower than I want, and I feel like I'm having to fight for each pound, but I'll do it.
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning with a headache, stresses over money (who doesn't right?), stresses over my calling, I was too tired, and just in a bad mood. I was NOT looking forward to running 5 miles on the treadmill. Once I put Sydney to bed I just kept stalling and stalling, but finally dragged my booty onto the treadmill because I knew if I didn't do it right then, I would have NO other time to do it today. I am so glad I did. It was hard because I was so tired, but it helped my mood so much. Ok, so honestly, I didn't like it so much while I was doing it - in fact I was wondering if I actually EVER said that I liked running because I figured it must have been a big lie. But AFTER I got done I felt so much better, and my day ran so much smoother.
Because it was a busy day I went WAY too long between meals and by dinner I was STARVING, head was throbbing again, and stomach was growling and I ate way too much. But guess what, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. (I also won't be looking at the package of Pillsbury breadsticks to see the calories and fat either)
I'm still sticking to my workout schedule and I'm doing good on that, I've done alright with my eating this week, with the major exception of that delicious red velvet cake cupcake with creamy cream cheese frosting - Don't regret it one bit. But the thing I REALLY need to work on more is getting more sleep. It is just so hard to get myself into bed when it is the only time I am not interrupted by kids. But I have been SO tired all week, and it makes me too irritable with the kids. And I know it will also help me lose a little bit of weight just to let my muscles rest and heal also.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you are doing awesome!! I totally agree about the cupcake it was so darn good not one regret!! I am so impressed you can go 5 miles on the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up. Your dedication is truely and inspiration! Look how far you've come in so little time...it is amazing. It seems like we're all stressed about one thing or another. You are welcome to vent at playgroup today. =)

    ReplyDelete