Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's about time!!

I'm back from vacation! Had a wonderful time, and ate, ate, ate. But also walked, walked, walked. Still, vacation is always brutal to the scale so I weighed in on Thursday morning before heading out of town. I lost 2 1/2 pounds!!! I'm so excited!! I was getting very frustrated with my little plateau. Even though it was only 3 weeks it was very frustrating. I know it's probably silly to count the half pound, but that little half put me down into the next decade, so I'm counting it.
I was thinking about exercising tonight after I got home, but with just getting home, and getting everything organized it didn't happen. But don't worry - I haven't lost my motivation.
Kim convinced me that I need to go see a doctor. I was planning to call and schedule an appointment on Monday, but life made it much easier. My brother in law that watched my kids while we were gone is a doctor. I talked to him on the phone a month ago, but it's been a while, and last time it was just over the phone. While we were there getting the kids I had a doctor appointment. He's great - although it was a little odd having my brother in law push on my upper thigh trying to find where the muscle hurt. He was also rubbing my sciatic nerve (on my butt), right as Jerry walked into the room. Good thing Jerry knew what he was doing :) It was kind of funny. Anyway, back to the story.
He says I pulled a muscle, actually a couple different muscles right there in the hip/groin area. He says the groin muscle takes a long time to heal, and that's the one I've not been as diligent at stretching. He taught me some good stretches to help it. I asked if I have to stop running, and he said no. Just listen to my body. If it hurts, take it easy. So, with that, and the fact that I ate SO MUCH yesterday and today I'm planning to run on Monday. I think I'll start with just 2 miles & see how it goes. My plan is to use the training schedule for the next couple weeks and do the weeks that we cut out. They were right there in the middle, with 5 - 6 mile runs on Saturday.
I forgot to take my new month picture before we left, so I'm going to take it tomorrow and put it up then, and I'll set my new goals for the month. WOW - this month flew. It seems like I just did that.

2 comments:

  1. See, going to a doc isn't bad!! Besides he's your brother in law, he knows better than to tell you not to run. =) At least you know what the problem is now. Congrats on the weightloss, keep it up girl! You look so skinny in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! You are getting so close to your goal!

    ReplyDelete