Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Really??

So, went to work out for my first time in a while. It was hard getting started. I felt a little winded in the beginning, but by the time we hit the second lap I was breathing okay, but of course tired. We did one round of circuits with the girls and to be honest, I thought I would be more sore than I am right now.

I can function and that is great, but we worked the whole body yesterday so what am I supposed to do today? I've always been told the only muscle you can work 2 days in a row is your abs. Do I just go for a run, or do I do Jillian Michaels...another whole body workout??

I'll figure it out I suppose. I don't want to do any damage, but I need to do this every day so I don't get out of the habit again.

2 comments:

  1. That's great Kim. I always think the first lap is the hardest, no matter how long you've been doing it. Good for you! As far as what to do today?? I've heard something like that too - that you should give your muscles a day to rest to let them build, but I don't think one day would do any damage - especially if you aren't really sore today. But to be on the safe side, if you're worried about it, I'd do some cardio. That's always a safe bet. So either a run, or something to get your heart rate up. That's just my opinion. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the first lap is the worst!! I would say if you have time for a run do a run. If not do your workout video or those lovely stair master! I liked that becasue through out the day I just ran up them 10 times it took less then 5 mins. Then I would do a few other things then do another set and so on! But you will figure out something! You are doing great!! You would probally be safe doing anything because we didn't really work one body part harder then the other.

    ReplyDelete