Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Tale of Woe...

Okay guys, you have probably been wondering why I have not posted. Well, I don't really have a good reason, other than I don't really like myself right now. As you know, I am having to work through some very tough issues, and feelings, and I'm not doing very good at "working through it". In the process my depression has made it easy for me to make excuses as to why I'm not exercising. After a long talk with my hubby I've decided to change my way of thinking RIGHT NOW. No matter how down I am feeling, or how tired I think I am, I'm going to get my booty out of bed and exercise because eventually I will feel good again.

I don't want to look back on this time and think, "Wow, I let her get to me that much". I want to look back and say, "See, despite how I was feeling I was able to accomplish a lot."

You guys have heard my story and know many of the details, but what you did not know is how depressed everything has made me. This is how Satan wants me to feel and I can't let him win. This situation has made me realize I am an emotional eater so not only am I depressed about my family situation, but now I feel horrible about myself because of my weight. Again, I WILL NOT LET HIM WIN. So ladies...unless I have a really good reason I will be out there. I have Skyler kicking my butt to make me do so. He wants to lose weight and if I don't cook him good meals and make proper food that won't happen for either of us.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Kim! I think that's the hardest part when you're feeling down, exercising is the last thing you want to do. But, it's probably going to make you feel so much better. You can take out your frustrations on the pavement. I'm sorry you are going through this, but you're absolutely right, it will be great to look back and think, look what I did even dealing with all that crap. Good Luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I know you can do it... It being winning your personal war with Satan and It also being exercising. I loved Hollands talk this weekend, especially when he said that "The only real control in life is Self Control!" Heavenly Father knows our potential as well as Satan, the hard part is for us to realize it as well! Keep up the positive thoughts and everything else will come together in order! If you need anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete