Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Midweek report

I made my goal of keeping up the exercise this first week after the race. Although I have taken it down a notch, mainly to let my leg heal a bit. I'll hit it a little harder next week. I went to the gym and rode the bike there on Monday. It was a nice change, and I liked it, but it took SO much longer to burn the calories. And I could tell it wasn't as much of a whole body workout as running is. Still though, it was nice to do it. Weights yesterday, and I was going to run today, but I ended up walking 3 miles on the treadmill. I also added incline to try to burn more calories. I'll do weights tomorrow, and Friday I'll be walking.... all around DISNEYLAND!!!
Because of my trip I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to at least lose something, but the slow down has gotten a little frustrating. I'll also be taking new month pics as well. (Hmm, I'm thinking I might do it before my Disneyland trip so I won't be as bloated in the pics:))
My leg has been gradually getting better, but I've also been living on ibuprofen. I stopped taking it last night because I want to get a feel for how real the pain is. If it is still hurting next week I might go see a dr. I hadn't wanted to, but my sis-in-law was having pain similar to mine and went to the doctor and he said it was a pulled muscle, but there is scar tissue in there and it will be a recurring problem, so she's got to go to physical therapy. I really don't want to have to do that, but if it still hurts I should probably go get a diagnosis.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Sarah! I am also thinking about going to the doctor. I just do not want to hear don't run!! Well Good luck on your weigh in! And have a great time in Disneyland!! That will be so much fun! And you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you people!! Take care of yourselves!! How do you expect to do that other race if you don't take care of yourself. If you go to the doc at least you will know what you're dealing with and could possibly prevent further injury. Just go!! =) By the way, have a totally fun time in Disneyland with all the adults! Can we say JEALOUS!! Skyler and I need a vacation! =) I'm happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete