Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Goals!

One reason I am sad that the half marathon is over. I am now scared I am going to loose motivation!! So I have decided I am going to train for a 10k. I realize it is less then a half marathon, but it won't take up so much time to train for and instead of working on not walking I am going to work on speed. I haven't decided if I want to follow a training schedule. The thing about a training schedule I can already do a 10k so I don't want to start off at 1 mile but it would be nice to follow during the week. Or I was thinking maybe running a 10k every other Saturday and trying to better my time each time. I don't know!! And does anyone know of any 10k this summer going on?

Recovery is still going my knees did not hurt while I was running but now my right knee hurts! The back of it, every time I take a step I feel like a rubber band is being pulled way to far. I tried to run on Monday I ended up walking 1.5 miles. And today I did a whole bunch of strength training, arm exercises, and training with the bands. Everyone tells me to give my body rest, but I am just so scared I am going to fall back into my old habits. And I still want to loose weight!

We are visiting my husbands family mid July and my goal is to be 15 pounds lighter. It is only 5lbs a month I think that is reasonable. Anyways Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. If you do a training schedule you could work on speed. So if you do 1 mile, try to do it in 10 minutes rather than 12, and so on. That is probably the route I'm gonna take because I know I can run 6 miles, but I don't think I can do it fast.

    ReplyDelete