Thursday, April 15, 2010

Late Midweek Check in

I'm late, but it still keeps me accountable. This week has gone pretty good if you subtract the nightly cry sessions about my poor leg. I don't cry so much because of the pain, but because of the frustration. I'm just frustrated that after 2 weeks it still hurts. I know it's my own doing too - like I mentioned before, I'm just crazy. The other night Jerry said, "You know, you don't HAVE to do the race. You know you'll be able to do it, why don't you just wait till you're all better then run it outside and just run 13.1 miles around?" That just made me cry more. (Why on earth do men have a hard time understanding women?) I know I don't HAVE to do the race. I could back out. But I really WANT to do the race. (Remind me I said that when I'm in the middle of the race.) I've been working towards this for the last 3 1/2 months. I could just run it around the streets here, but if I'm going to do it, I'd rather do it in an organized race and have the excitement of it. My leg is slowly healing. It feels so much better than it did on Sunday, so I just have to have faith and give it time to heal. I ran 4 miles today and it felt pretty good, and hasn't gotten worse since running. We were planning to run 8 miles on Saturday, but I'm going to cut back to 5 or 6 miles instead. It is important to condition the body and continue running, but it is also important to rest the body and let those muscles heal so that they can help me in the race.
I've finally lost 1/2 a pound this week. It took me several days to lose my "free day" weight. I've been a little frustrated with how my weight loss has slowed down the last couple weeks. It's probably been stress. I just need to chill out a little bit and things will work out.
I can't believe it's just over a week away. It doesn't really seem real. I'm sure it will get real very quickly as I get out there. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, even if you didn't run again until the race, to let your leg heal, YOU COULD STILL DO IT!! Don't underestimate yourself. You have been doing great. I would not risk further injury before the race. You need to let it rest. Your body is ready, but it needs to rest before you take on the endeavor.

    ReplyDelete