Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Breaking Point

I'm so frustrated!! Actually, it's probably more accurate to say that I'm so IMPATIENT! I'm so sick of my leg hurting. I'm sick of limping everywhere. I don't know what else to do. I live on Ibuprofen. I slept with a frozen waterbottle on my sore leg last night. I'm stretching constantly. I guess I could go see a doctor, but really if it's a pulled muscle what could they do other than say, ice it, stretch it, and take ibuprofen. I ran 4 miles yesterday and it was hard. WHY is it hard to run 4 miles?? If that's hard then 13.1 is going to kill me! It seems like the closer the race gets the harder it is to run. I guess I should go a little easy on myself. I was pushing Rebecca in a stroller, and the first run of the week is usually a little harder than the others. I wanted to feel so confident right before the race and I think I was more confident a month ago than I am now! Now I'm just getting scared.
Then add to it, I've got sick kids. That just stresses me out anyway. But this morning I woke up with a cold. Great! Just what I want. To be limping and barely able to breathe, and coughing the whole 13.1 miles. Talk about obstacles. But I was thinking - is this Satan putting these obstacles in my way? Honestly, why would he care that I'm doing a half marathon? But he does want to ruin anyone feeling good about themselves right? I'm just going to try to stay positive that things will work out well. There is still 3 more days for my leg to get feeling better! Wow, that's not long!! I'm scared!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you need to remember you have prepared your body for this. You have done the work, put in the sweat and tears to get to this point. Another part of preparing yourself is resting. While I always call you a machine because you seem to be able to go and go despite the pain or difficulty, just like any machine, before a big job you need to rest. You're not going to run your vacuum if you've been running it all day are you?? It gets hot and needs a break. You have a long way to go on Saturday so give your body the break it needs. It won't hurt to stay down a couple days before the run. As I said before, you have done the work, you have prepared. Now is the time to rest, ponder your journey, pray and mentally prepare yourself for what you are about to do. KORINA - THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I am sorry your leg is bugging you!! Just take it a little easier the rest of the week. And get a blessing that will also help! I can't talk because I am also scared to death!

    ReplyDelete