Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Happily Ever After Adversities

Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits? (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

General Young Women Broadcast President Uchtdorf gave a talk he spoke about Fairy tales and like in life every fairy tale has to endure adversities to get to their happily ever after. Here is the talk if you would like to read it. http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,2298-1-426-41,00.html.

Last night as I sat on the couch with ice on both knees I thought about this talk. At times I think we are crazy for putting ourselves though so much pain. Mostly yesterday has Sarah limped running down the street determined to do it. And yes even being a gimpy she still beat me by a hour! :) But when I finish and look back it will be worth every ache. I have learned a lot about myself, I know I am not done yet, but it is getting close!

So I am not complaining!! I repeat I am not complaining. But I plan on doing more half marathons so I want to be able to look back and know if my aches are normal. So I wanted to write down the aches I have had since starting...
back: when I first started with new shoes this is now gone
Arches: Again gone with my new shoes
Shin Splits: Still bugs me mostly the first mile.
knees: the front of my knees hurt. And the back of my right knee hurts so bad. While I am running and mostly the next day! OUCH!! I am in pain right now should probably be icing it! The pain goes from the back of my knee all the way to my toes.
Blisters: I have a blister at the tip of some of my toes. Which is probably my socks.
Heat Rashes: I get these everywhere my clothes rub. On my arm from my MP3 player holder. The worst heat rash and this may be TMI but my sports bra leaves one on the bottom of my chest talk about pain!!
Ankles: My ankles are really tender for a few days after I run and swollen.

Well that is all I can come up with right now. I have had my issues, but I still feel blessed they are pains I can work through. I have not had to go to the doctor like Kim and Sarah they are things that I can just ice to get over. Plus as the weight comes off I will not be putting as much stress on my body which means less pain!! I am getting excited the race is less then a month away!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the pain, it is a good pain. You guys are doing so good. I wish I was right there with you, but my problems seem to be much deeper than just needing to exercise and eat right. No matter what my emotional status is, I will be joining you tomorrow morning at 6:30...I've decided that 6am is just too early for me.

    ReplyDelete