Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sarah's weigh in

Now that I'm feeling a little more like myself I can post. Today's run really took it out of me - literally. Don't want to be too graphic, but the toilet and I were good buddies when I got home, for a while. I wasn't even as nervous this morning as I was last week, but it seemed harder. After the 11 miles I walked another 1/2 mile to cool down, and felt fine. But an hour later I was honestly questioning how on earth I'm going to be able to run 2 more miles. I'm sure my sore hip is a big reason. Marlo says it's my hip flexor (sp) and that it most likely hurts because I need new shoes. They are pretty old. I got them last May, and I wear them not only for running, but everyday use too. Here is the question. Do I get new shoes now? Or wait till closer to the race. I know it takes a bit to work in the new shoes, and I really don't want to be sore during the race. But Marlo was saying that you don't get sore till about 2 weeks after getting new shoes, that's when your shins start hurting because of the weight distribution being different. She thinks I should get them the week before the race. And the biggest factor is money. It isn't in the budget right now, but I don't want to get a cheapo pair and have it do more damage. But whenever I walk I feel like such a gimp/ old lady hobbling around. And Korina can attest to the fact that I look funny when I run too. :) It loosens up after a mile, but then it is SORE the whole rest of the week. I can't handle this pain for another 3 + weeks. Anyway, not to go on and on, but it is just a little frustrating.
So as for the weigh in, I'm taking Friday morning's weight again this week because I couldn't resist the yummy cake and ice cream at a family party last night. So I lost 3 pounds!! I'm so excited. I don't have the best healthy intentions this weekend. It is Easter, plus conference weekend, so wish me luck. But I was so sick this morning that I didn't feel like eating anything - when in fact that was probably my problem. I needed fuel.
Now that it is a new month I should probably make new goals, but I'm going to save that for my next post. I am very happy that I reached my weight goal for March. So I'm going to give it some thought and let you in on my April goals a little later.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry! I know Monta got a good deal she brought in cash and told the guy at Fleet Feet that was all she had and he gave her a discount. But I think she still spent 80 something dollars. And awesome on another 3lbs!

    ReplyDelete