Sunday, April 4, 2010

Question for you - I need your opinions

I've decided to go and get some new shoes tomorrow. I was looking at my running shoes and HOLY COW!!! They are totally worn down. There is no tread at all on the ball of my foot, and the heal is all creased/wrinkled indicating too much wear. I did a lot of reading and figure it's best to get them now and work them in before the race, rather than right before. Hopefully they will make a difference on my hips as well.
So - here's the question, do I go to Fleet Feet, or somewhere else that checks your walk, etc and buy shoes there. (Easily spending at least $90)
OR do I go to the sale at Big 5 tomorrow and they have New Balance shoes on sale regularly $90, on sale for $49. I have had my feet analyzed, but unfortunately it was about a year ago and I can't remember everything he said, but from what I remember and looking at the post that Korina posted here, New Balance shoes are a shoe type that fits my foot/walk description. I have to be money conscious, but at the same time I don't want to jeopardize the health of my feet and legs by saving a buck on shoes. I'm not just wanting shoes for the half, I plan to continue running after the half marathon and I want to have shoes that are good for me.
What do you think? What would you do??

3 comments:

  1. I don't know Sarah! I will warn you that New Balance makes shoes for flat feet and high arches. Gary has flat feet and he was given new balance. Then Kim has high Arches and she was given new balances. Just two different types. But if you could find out they types that our for high Arches that would save you half of the money. I don't know I totally understand money and when you can save half the price then that is great. And this is bad but if you go to fleet feet and have them look at your feet and if the shoes are to much, then you could try to find a good deal somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your shoes...don't they say what they are? If so, go on ebay! Marlo said she went to fleet feet once and now she buys them on ebay. She only goes there for equipment now. If you don't know what they are I'd skip saving a buck and make sure you have the right shoes.

    ReplyDelete