Saturday, April 17, 2010

One Week!!!

I just got back from my 5 mile run and it hurt more than the 12 last week. Sure after I feel MUCH better now than I did then. But during the run my hip/leg hurt the ENTIRE time. If anything it helped me to realize that I love ibuprofin! I was in such a rush this morning that I forgot to take any ibuprofin. I think it was that, plus the fact that I hardly slept last night because I was up with Sydney for most of the night. So my body was tired, and my legs were tired from running Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Friday. They didn't really have any time off to recharge. So, yes, it was a hard run today. But I did it. Hopefully next week won't be so bad. I know it will be hard, and long! 13.1 miles is a LONG way! And I know I'll be very sore afterwards. But I really would like to start the race feeling great.
I think I'm in a little bit of denial that it is actually a week away! HOLY COW! It doesn't quite seem real yet, but I think that's because I'm blocking it out in a way.
As far as my weigh in goes I lost 1 pound this week. I'm doubting I'll make my goal for the month of April. I knew it was a little high, but better to shoot for the stars right? So far this month I've only lost 1 1/2 pounds. A little frustrating, but at least it's in the right direction right? I should be taking measurements, but I haven't. Hopefully I'm gaining muscle at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment