Sunday, April 25, 2010

1st Half Marathon

I must be alive I am blogging! We did it! We had a blast. It was so much fun. Marlo picked Sarah and I up around 4 pm and we drove to Hurricane to
Pick up our packets! Okay this is my blog post so I have to be a little judgemental on myself I really need to stop wearing maturity shirt!! Just a little info 500s are way cooler than 400s! And Marlo loves rainbow granola bars.;)

Then we drove the course and got a little lost! But we eventually found our way

We are runners so we had to take pictures with the signs! Then we went to dinner and checked into our hotel and

SLEPT???????
We had to wake up at 3:40am Vegas time OUCH way to early. We parked





And Marlo brought some fun color hairspray. We sprayed our hair with variety of colors. Always having fun!






Then we headed to the buses and the pictures stop. (Didn't want to run with cameras) The race took off. Everyone took off sprinting and I was like crap! Is there something I am supposed to learn by coming in last place??? But I was able to pass a few people here and there. About mile 4 we hit the HILL... It was at least a mile long I thought it was never going to end. It just kept going and going and going. I was so happy to get to the top of that hill running the whole thing of course! :) The rest of the run went and went and went and went! And of course being the slowest out of friends has its advantages. They had time to go get their camera and take pictures of me finishing.
You know when I was running I felt like I was going a lot faster than this looks!!
My goal was to run the whole thing and I accomplished that!!!

DONE!!!
Marlo has the picture of all three of us together and I am excited to get it. And we will post it as soon as we do! I had such a great time. And so happy that I went with Marlo and Sarah. We had a great time. I am grateful for great friends and family that have cheered us on. My prayers were surely answered. I have grown so much through this experience not only physically but spiritually. I am in total shock that we actually did it. The day we got back I checked the blog. I had to look at the timer a few times just doesn't seem right. I thought I would be so happy to be done. But I am sad it was a lot of fun and I got so much out of it
SO
I am already planning my next run.








3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you guys! I wish I could have gone with you, but unfortunately it wasn't in the cards. I am really excited about training for the next run also. See you in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda sad too in a weird way. It was very fun. Hard, but fun! When Marlo gets us the other pics we'll have to add them.

    ReplyDelete