Saturday, April 3, 2010

11 miles, weigh in, and question

Well it finally happened I gained 1 pound this week. To be honest I can't be to upset for the fact that I ate terrible this week. I probably deserved to gain like 10lbs or so. I will just be happy with 1 pound. I am sure after the run that I did this morning it is gone!!


Well for the 2nd 11 mile run! I woke up feeling terrible!! All the crap I ate this week finally caught up to me and I woke up with such a sour tummy. I ate my protein bar feeling like I wanted to throw it up! (Sorry a little to much info) But it was not a good morning. Well we started and I started slow. Then three miles into it I realized instead focusing on miles I decided to focus on my time. So I gave myself mini goals to get here in this amount time and so on. And then when I got half way done I took a GU energy gel. I think it would taste better if it was colder but it was kind of warm. So not the most tasty thing ever. And at first it made me really tired I thought I was going to fall asleep. But I slowly felt it come on and even now I still have energy and feel good. And last week I wanted to die!! I also wish it had pain killer in it or maybe Lortab so I could not feel anything. Just thought okay back to the run. After I took the GU Monta joined me and we ran the remainder together. Our time was better than last week! And I actually have energy. I have not decided what I am going to do next week, we are supposed to do 12 miles the only thing is I have to be back by 8am. I may do a 8 miles instead, because I really do not think I can leave at 5am let alone wake up at 4:30am. So we will see what next week brings.

So I bought some running shorts in the sport section, but here is the problem they are uncomfortable and again TMI but they crawl up the whole time I am running and drives me crazy. I rather wear my baggy sweats then something that crawls up the whole time. Anyone have any good idea on running shorts. I like Montas' so I may try to find some like hers. They are a little longer but really light. Any advice before the race??

No comments:

Post a Comment