Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sarah's midweek check in = frustration

Ok, so the title makes it seem a little worse than it is, but I am a little frustrated. It's all my own fault. I PIGGED out all last weekend and the weekend before. I guess I can't expect to eat bad 3 days of the week, and good for 4 and lose weight. In my defense it was Easter weekend & Conference weekend. It's just frustrating that I still haven't reached my weight from last weigh in. I'm close, and hopefully I'll be there tomorrow morning.
My leg is still hurting, but it is getting better. I didn't run yesterday, but I did do weights and added some gluts & hamstring workouts. After running 5 miles today I thought I would be SUPER sore, but after icing and stretching it isn't any worse than it was before the run. That is good news.
I have NOT been getting enough sleep. I really need to do better on that.
So as for the other updates. I ordered new shoes from the same store I bought the current ones at. It was up in Utah and I had my feet analyzed. The great news is that he sold me last years model & only charged $5 for shipping, so the total was only around $65. That is much better than I had been anticipating. I also went on Monday to get another cortisone shot in my heel. Overall I feel like my foot hasn't been hurting as bad lately, but after the run last Saturday it was in pain. I figured it would be good to get a shot so that I wouldn't have to deal with any unnecesary pain - I'm sure I'll have enough other pain to deal with.
I also can't believe how fast the half marathon is coming. After this weekend it is going to be SO close!

No comments:

Post a Comment