Monday, April 5, 2010

New Goals for a New Month

Now that it is a new month I thought I'd make a couple goals for this month. As far as weight goes, I'd like to be down another 9 lbs by May 1st. That would be a total of 47 lbs. I know it's going to get harder and harder the more we go, but hopefully I can do it. If I eat every weekend like I did this last weekend it won't happen.
Sleep!! I still need to be getting more sleep. I'm going to have to make a rule that I can't turn on the tv or computer after 10:00, that's when I get sucked in to watching a show, or blogstalking.
Strength Training. I've been doing strength training all along. At least 2 days a week I've been lifting weights, but I've been focusing on my upper body. I want to add to that and work on my lower body. I guess I had been assuming that the running was pretty much taking care of that. The running definitely does work those muscles - boy does it. But as I was reading about my poor hip problem one of the suggested ways to help was to do work on the hamstrings and gluts. I still have more than enough flab to work off in those areas. I have had problems with my knees in the past, that is why I avoided doing the squats and lunges, but my knees have not been hurting as much so I'm going to start adding lunges.
Another goal is to run the whole half marathon, and I'd like to complete it in at least 2 hr 40 min.
Probably the biggest goal that I'm going to work on this month - next to the 1/2 marathon of course, is that the Monday after the 1/2 marathon I want to exercise. I have a HUGE fear that once my motivation for the half marathon is gone I will lose this motivation and end up where I was before. So if my body is too sore to run, I will walk 1 mile, or if it is too sore for that I will do some strength training and run on Tuesday. I really want to keep up on running and exercising after the race. Then maybe I can add more stuff like swimming or biking.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like you've got some excellent goals. You have been very good up to this point so I'm sure you'll get where you want to be. GREAT JOB SARAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think sleepy would be the easiest thing for us to accomplish!! But it is not!! You will do great Sarah! And I don't think you will have any problem staying on the right path.

    ReplyDelete