Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What am I thinking???

I can't believe I'm going to be running another 1/2 marathon in just three days. And of course, just like last time there has to be all these trials before I run. I have a cold again. It's not too bad, I think it's more allergies, but still I'm stuffy and have a little cough. The main pain is my foot. Ever since I got my last cortisone shot it has actually gotten worse. The dr. put an extra little pad in my shoe for extra arch support, but I think in a way it damaged my fascia tendon. Last Monday (a week ago) as I was running I got a sharp pain that shot through my whole arch, and it's been very sore since then. I actually think the cortisone shot worked, the place that I usually have pain is fine, it's been a different pain, so yesterday I decided to go to the podiatrist again. I went to a new podiatrist. Partly because I felt silly going back to the same one less than 2 weeks after I was there last, and also because I hadn't realized Sandra Taylor works for a podiatrist, and it's kinda nice knowing someone at the office. Is that weird? Anyway, I REALLY liked this dr. My other dr. was good too, but I felt like this one was just a little more personable, and understanding. So anyway, the prognosis is that I most likely tore some of the fibers of the fascia tendon, but not the entire thing. It actually sounds worse than it is. It does hurt pretty bad, but it will heal. But when people have surgery for plantar fasciitis all the doctor really does is goes in and cuts the tendon so that it isn't pulling so tight, so as he says, I just gave myself a little bit of the surgery on my own. He says I can still run the race on Saturday, but I'm going to be really sore, especially on Sunday so I just have to take a lot of pain killers.
As far as weight goes for this week, I pigged out last weekend and I still have a couple pounds to go to get back to Friday's weigh in weight. I swear, I don't know if I'll ever get to my goal weight because it's such a struggle to just maintain, but I won't give up!!

2 comments: