Monday, July 26, 2010

I realized......................................

After the run on Saturday. I realized I need to run a lot more during the week. The six miles on Saturday was brutal. At 3 miles I was more than happy to stop or just simply run home!! I realized even though I have been doing the 5 miles every day which works for the weight loss. It is not working on getting me ready for the half marathon in November. Plus I don't want to just be able to do the half marathon I also want to better my time. This morning I went to the park where Monica and Monta were waiting. And I ran a mile with Monica, I know she slows down for me, but it makes me speed up. Then when we did our exercise laps she had us sprint. After they left and I continued going till I hit my 5 miles. I ended up having to leave the park it was so hard to walk by my car. I wanted to jump in my car and drive away. Which can I tell it is so hot even at 6am in the morning that darn sun has no mercy!! I think I liked what we did this weekend running 6 miles and walking one I kind of want to continue that till the it cools down!! I am hoping each week my times gets better or maybe just feel like I am not dieing!

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. Even if you might not be running the whole 5 miles during the week, you are still doing it, and that is awesome. And you are losing weight and looking great. I liked running 6 and walking 1 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize it is the heat killing your skills, right? This is not the time to beat yourself up or start getting worried about improving your time. Every website I've looked at has said its about doing the miles. Even if you're walking, you're doing the miles and that will be enough for now. When it gets a little cooler it will be better, I PROMISE. You'll be looking back at this time and laughing because you were so worried.

    ReplyDelete