Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Getting through my detox

I am having major withdrawls! I ate and ate and ate on vacation and really indulged my sweet tooth and stretched my tummy out to capacity, and this week has been hard getting back into routine. Even tough it's been harder it does feel good to go to bed without being sick from all the junk I ate right before bed.
Monday I ran 2 miles before leaving to come home. I had planned to do 3 but at about 1 mile into it I got the worst side ache. I tried breathing deep, and raising my arm up, but it hurt bad - I think it was another side effect from the junk food. I could only do 2, then I walked a little over a 1/2 mile. So even if I didn't do what I planned I'm glad I at least did something. Zumba yesterday was great, but after missing a week I found I forgot some of the steps. I also did some weight lifting yesterday as well. Today I decided to take a page out of Korina's book and do 5 miles. I ran 4 1/2, and walked the last 1/2 mile. It was tough. I'm going to try to do 5 miles at least 3 days each week. Not that I have to run all 5, and I can even split it up if I have to.
I've been eating good food, but like Korina, too much. I was so hungry by dinner last night I couldn't stop eating.
I've also been SO tired since I got back from vacation. I've decided I need to give myself a bedtime. I'm going to try to be in bed by 11 each night. I thought about 10, but I know I would never make it.
So I am still up 4 pounds from weigh in weight. Hopefully I can lose at least 2 or 3 of that by Friday morning.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you!! I am craving CHIPS!! I want them so bad!!! Why must food be so good!!! This week as been tough one. You are doing so awesome. This week is almost over and then you will be back into routine!!

    ReplyDelete