Friday, July 23, 2010

I gave up....

This week I did something different. I gave up. I ate and drank what I wanted, when I wanted. I went to Zumba, but that is all I have done when it comes to exercise. I am having an inner struggle with myself and as much as I would like to win this struggle in a positive way it is becoming increasingly difficult.

Honestly, I just needed a week where I didn't worry about what I was putting in my mouth, how much exercise I was able to get in. Like I said in an earlier post...something had to give. Unfortunately, since that something couldn't be anything else in my life so it ended up being the stress of losing weight.

The heat is killer and I hate working out it in so I have decided I am going to hit the gym at 6am instead. I'm going to start on Monday because I couldn't today....I was up all night with Matthew, yes my oldest. Ugh! Anyway, I am hoping I can do Zumba tomorrow. Skyler has to work so I have to work out a babysitter in order to go. So, MONDAY it is.

I have to say I have had a very rough 7 months. I can't believe we are more than half way through the year!! You guys have had amazing progress, and to be honest, I AM SO JEALOUS, but I am also so proud of you both.

So, after I gave up, my weigh in was exactly what I expected. I'm gonna put it out there for the whole world to see!! Here is what I've been dealing with. Today I weigh 224.4 lbs. Last Friday I weighed 219.1. That is over a 5.3 lb weight gain, all because I gave up. Next friday I want to be at 218...I never get below 219 and I never get to 225. It is always between 219-224.

Now that you all know what I weigh I am going to continue posting my weight. Forget the ticker...the ticker doesn't keep me accountable because I can change it whenever I want, but if I give real numbers then I have to post the truth. The truth is I continually sabatoge myself because I love cookies and I love soda. =) This week I plan to invent a healthier recipe for my cookies so I don't feel so guilty, and soda is almost out of my system. I had 2 pepsi's yesterday and honestly they didn't taste so good.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck finding healthy cookies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! =) Well, more so on the getting back on track, but definitely on finding healthy cookies...or at least some that are lower in calories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a great idea. You don't want to feel too deprived. Baby steps, and finding healthier alternatives is a great idea. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete