Friday, July 2, 2010

SO Glad we started this!

I've made a couple good decisions in my life. One of those was choosing great friends that help me, motivate me, and believe in me. Friends that decided to start this blog to help each other out on our journey. I REALLY don't know if I could have kept it up for the last 6 months without your encouragement. Thanks guys. I'm not quite at my goal yet, but I am getting closer. Here are my pics from January, April, and July. Even though some months I didn't see huge differences, overall there has been changes. YIPPEE!!


Jan. 2010 April 2010 July 2010

January 2010 April 2010 July 2010


So for my weigh in for the week I lost 2 pounds!!! I'll need to double check and calculate what that is for the month, but I think it's only 3 -5 pounds. My weight loss has slowed down big time, but I'm still trying. I'm a little worried because I'm SO CLOSE to getting into the next decade, and I have a big eating weekend, with the long weekend, a baptism at my in-laws that are known for amazingly good food, and a mini vacation in town. I'm going to try to be good. Because I won't be around for the long run tomorrow morning, we'll be on a mini vacation here in town. My brother has a timeshare through Sunday morning, but they left town this morning, and are letting us stay there- I didn't have to go as many miles tomorrow because I have the 1/2 marathon next Saturday, so I ran my 6 miles today and walked an extra 1/2 mile. I'm going to do the 2 miles I was scheduled to do today, tomorrow morning in the gym there, but I didn't want to have 6 miles hanging over my head while I was in party mode.

Then next week I'll be going up to Utah for vacation, a good long, 10 day vacation. I revert to old habits on vacation, but my family that I'll be staying with is onboard too, and I'll be running a 1/2 marathon while I'm up there. I'll just really have to stay on top of it. I don't want to be this close and then gain 10 pounds on vacation, just to have to start all over again in this decade.

As for my monthly goals - I should go back and check what I wanted to accomplish, but I know one of them was going to the gym, or doing something different at least once a week to shock my body. I've done that!! I really think it made a difference. I'm really enjoying the zumba class, and I really enjoyed going to the gym with you guys, but I haven't been in a couple weeks. I also did a short pilates DVD last night and loved it.

My goals for this month, I'm going to try to be realistic. I want to lose at least 3 pounds, so that would put at a total of 54 pounds lost and only 8 pounds away from my ultimate goal - which I might be changing and adding just one more pound to get into the next decade, but I'm keeping it at 62 pounds for now. I also want to keep doing crosstraining at least once per week, like going to the gym, or zumba class, or a DVD something like that. I also want to keep up on our long Saturday runs, even though I hate the heat, and I hate waking up early, but only 2 more months then hopefully it'll start to cool down!

Six months down, many more to go...

4 comments:

  1. Sarah!! You look great! You look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those pictures are amazing. I specially like the smiles. You are smiling in them but you can tell that you are really happy with how you look in the newest pictures. You guys are great to help each other out! Keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hard to believe you even have 10 more pounds to go...you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration girlfriend! You look totally hot and I am so glad we have been able to help you!

    ReplyDelete