Monday, July 5, 2010

Confession

So, I went away this weekend for a much needed break. I wish I could say it was totally fun, but it was still work. It is always work when you've got 4 kids you're toting along with you. I did get away from this awful heat and that was fun.

I ate HORRIBLE this weekend!! Friday night we hit Burger King where I had a Whopper JR. meal with, what else, a coke. Saturday we had pancakes for breakfast, lunch at the Lion House. I actually did pretty good there. I got the sandwich and soup and did not eat the chips, but I had a coke there too. =) Dinner was awful! We went to the Golden Corral buffet...I think that's what it was called. Anyway, I had baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, mac n cheese, dinner rolls, taco salad, carrot cake, and apple cobbler!! Way too much for one person to eat but it was SO GOOD! Notice I did not waste my stomach space on veggies or anything good for that matter.
Breakfast Sunday consisted of McDonalds, which I know is breaking the Sabbath, but it was fast Sunday, we weren't going to church, we were headed to Spanish Fork for the day and I didn't want to ruin my sister's fast sunday by asking her if I could make some food. I know, excuses, excuses...but my McGriddle was good. =) For lunch we had mac n cheese, chicken nuggets and mozzerella sticks...mmmmm... then we bbq'd for dinner. Monday was no better. We had Orange Rolls with scrambled eggs for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch, and I honestly have not had dinner yet.

You're probably wondering why I am grossing you out, or tempting you, whichever it may be with my food intake over the weekend. It is to prove a point...not really to you, but to myself. I did not exercise this weekend, I ate enough for 4 people in one sitting at times, I come home and weigh myself, TOTALLY sure I gained at least 5 pounds.

MY RESULTS: 0 lbs gained

That's right ladies! I gained N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!

Is it just me, or is it odd that I can eat like that and gain nothing and I can spend a regular week eating right, and exercising and lose nothing??

I feel like my efforts equal exactly that NOTHING. I work my butt off with no results, when I can just eat like a pig and still have no results. There is just something wrong with that.

Don't worry, I'm not discouraged. I'm just frustrated. I need to find a good doc, get a physical and figure out what is wrong with me because this is just ridiculous. I am totally grateful that I did not gain anything, but it doesn't encourage me at all to exercise.

See you tomorrow at ZUMBA!! =)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Skyler insurance would cover a dietican. That way they could do test and find out exactly what is going on! And then give you a plan!

    ReplyDelete