Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mid Week Check In for Kim!

Can I just say I LOVE FOOD!! This week has been great for exercise, HORRIBLE for eating. Monday...well I don't know what happened Monday. I had fully intended on cooking a yummy healthy dinner, but it didn't turn out that way. The boys had been really helpful and were begging to go to Cici's for dinner, so we did. I probably consumed enough calories for the week in that meal and not because I went crazy, because I didn't. I just had one too many of those cinnamon rolls...or whatever they are.

Tuesday Skyler got off work at 10:15 and it is Kids Eat Free at Lonestar. I've been craving Lonestar so we had some money left over in the wallet and decided to go. It really is Kids Eat Free...not eat free with an entree. All 4 of my kids ate FREE.

Today is going to be a better day. I had a long...well, maybe not long, but I had a discussion with Skyler last night. I asked him how he's feeling about how he looks. I'm not gonna get into details, but I was able to get very candid with him and I think I've FINALLY got him on board. Time will tell. All it took was a reminder that we're going to Disneyland in November and I don't think he wants to look bad in those pictures so he better start now. See, he loves scrapbooking Disneyland photos...it is what gets him from trip to trip. He also likes to feel good about how he looks in the pictures. =)

So, the plan we have created is this:

I cannot get up early on Monday Wednesday and Friday to workout because when I do I become SUPER CRANKY WOMAN because I don't get a nap. I am going to attempt working out while babysitting. Then at night after dinner Skyler and I are going to go for a walk. Skyler takes one stride for ever two of mine so technically I'll be jogging and he'll be walking fast. We'll probably take the boys out with us and go to the park or something. They need the exercise too.

Tuesday and Thursday I'm going to try and wake up early. I think it will be fine because my kids WILL let me take a nap. They prefer a nice mom over a mean one. LOL . Matthew is so sweet. When he sees I'm tired he says, "Mom if you want to lay down I'll play with Teagan and Logan so you can rest" Oh how nice it is to have children who are old enough to help!

So, if I can stay away from restuarants for the rest of the week I may not gain anything. We'll see on Friday, won't we!

No comments:

Post a Comment