Monday, June 28, 2010

Why does it have to be hard??!!

Why can't I just wake up and be thin and not have to exercise anymore, and not have to workout??! I know, I know. This is more than losing weight, it's about being healthy, and we're creating good habits. I ran 4 miles this morning and it was SO hard. When I went to the podiatrist last week he put extra pads in my shoes, for my arches because my arches are so high. I wasn't sure if I liked them because they hugged right up to my arch, or if it felt like I was walking around with a sock balled up under my arch. As I ran today I decided for sure - I DON'T like them. After a mile I got a sharp pain in my foot, in the arch. It hurt so bad. I had to stop and stretch my foot out. I ripped out the extra pad, and then started running again slowly. It felt much better, but my arches still hurt. I got cortisone shots last week in both heels. The one that didn't hurt as bad feels fine now, but I don't think it really took in the foot that hurts more. I'm hoping that maybe the pad had something to do with it, and I've taken them out. The night splint has been helping a lot too.
So, anyway, sore feet aside.. this morning's run was hard. I know it's worth it, not only am I losing weight, but more importantly it's good for my heart and body - just some days are so hard.

3 comments:

  1. 1st of all you are THIN!! You look awesome! I totally understand I wish everyday why can't I just be naturally skinny and work on being healthy instead of the skinny think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wanted to add! You are probally tired Marlo talked about how hard you guys ran on Saturday and then at the end how you guys sprinted like a mile!! Your body is probally tired. Okay I think I may be done now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Korina...YOU ARE THIN! Girl you've lost so much you shouldn't even be worried. You have made this into a habit and you're doing great. Sometimes the body is just tired and needs to rest.

    ReplyDelete