Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday's Run!

Well First yippee I have Internet!!! YEAH!! COX is actually still hear installing everything! YIPPEE!! I am a happy women! This morning when I walked over to Sarah's house I was already starting to sweat. I knew it was going to be a long run. I had no idea what I was going to run or how far! I really wanted to do 5 miles but wasn't sure after going to gym on Thursday if my knee could take it. Sarah was nice enough to run with me. First I thought I will just run till I get tired. Then I thought I will run to the Temple, but there is no way I was going to run up that killer hill. But then I thought well I'll just try it. It was so hard, I was sweating like no tomorrow. But I made it to the TOP!! Then I had to end on a full mile so I ran till Sarah's watch said it was 5 miles. Then I walked home. So about 7 total miles!! I am not going to lie. The heat was terrible. When I got home my stomach was killing me, I got terrible leg cramps and the worse headache. I am feeling much better now. (Thank you ibuprofen) BUT I feel accomplished! Plus I had not done that hill since two weeks before the half marathon.

I hate to even think it, but we may have to start our Saturday Runs even earlier to beat the heat! AHHHH!!


And I will lead with example! Here are the 6month results!









I don't think these pictures show justice to my 40lbs!! But I have lost it! I have went down just about 4 pants sizes. And my shirt size has went down 2 sizes. Getting there slowly but surely!

3 comments:

  1. You did great! You did 5 miles in less than 1 hour and 12 minutes! That's an improvement from before isn't it. Believe me, I wasn't just being nice staying with you. I really couldn't go much faster than that this morning. Thanks for encouraging me on! It is always more fun running with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got your pic up too. I can see the 40 lbs! You do even look better in person though! I'm SO proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...you need to change your ticker girly girl! I'm so happy for you! Great job! By the way, I can barely get up at 6 on a Saturday, OBVIOUSLY, so earlier...you're just nuts! =) I think I'll hit the gym instead

    ReplyDelete