Saturday, June 5, 2010

Running in the KILLER heat

I just got back a little bit ago from my morning run. I wasn't quite sure how far I was going to go, but I wanted to do at least 10 to prepare for the relay race in 2 weeks, and also for the half marathon I'm doing in July. IT WAS SO HARD!!! I had a tummy ache and had to stop at the rec center port-a-potties, lovely. It was SO hot, and my muscles were just tired. I did do the 10 miles, but unfortunately I did walk for about a mile of it. Normally I'd beat myself up over the fact that I didn't run the whole thing, but honestly I feel good about my run, even if I did have to walk. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with the long runs through the summer. It was hot when we started at 6. But I think after my races I won't be out there quite so long. I have been contemplating running a full marathon in Sept. But today's run made me realize, I'd like to be able to run the marathon and it would be a great experience, but I have NO desire to train for it. How on earth would I be able to run 20 miles in the August heat??

As far as my weigh in, I'm using yesterday morning's weight again because I gave in and had some ice cream last night, so this morning's weight was more. So, unfortunately I did gain a pound. I'm frustrated about that, but at the same time I gained a lot over last weekend while we were on vacation, so I should be happy that I lost most of the weight at all. Hopefully next week I'll lose that extra pound and then some.

I'll hopefully get my new month pictures up later today or tomorrow along with my goals for June.

3 comments:

  1. Long runs on Saturdays is a good thought, but you're right, this heat is killer. Maybe you should just go to the gym on Saturdays. You are doing amazing and still looking great. I don't think any of us can see that one pound. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so hot this morning!! You did great! And we can always start earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the long run Sarah! I can't imagine running in the Vegas heat. I remember Brian running at 6am and it was 90 already! Argghhh! You should run the Ogden marathon in May of next year. You could train in the nice Vegas winter weather. I might even be convinced to run it with you... :)

    ReplyDelete