Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sarah's midweek check in - just a day late

I'm back, and finally in the groove of things. I got back Sunday evening, and was still in vacation mode, which means I ate bad.
Monday I was still SO sore from my running over the weekend, so I just walked 3 miles instead of running. I did end up running about 1 mile of it though, and I felt good about that. I'd been eating good all day, but then Jerry decided that for dinner/FHE we should go to Cici's pizza because we had some good discounts from our Entertainment book, and we hardly EVER go out to eat. I pep talked myself and told myself that I could just eat the salad and it would be ok. But as time passed I was feeling week. I was feeling sick of always watching what I eat. I like eating healthy, but it's also frustrating always having to worry about what I eat. Hopefully when I get to my goal I can relax a little bit, but I'm not there yet, so I have to be a little more strict. I do PIG out on my free days, so it's not like I'm totally depriving myself all the time, I was just wanting a break on Monday. So I took a break. I ate the pizza, and lots of it, and the brownies, and the cinnamon rolls, and the soda, and even the salad (which is premade and doused in dressing so it's probably not that healthy.)
Then a couple hours after we got home I saw the yummy Father's Day pie in the fridge. I had already been weak, so I had a slice, and boy it was yummy! So did I regret it - not one bit. But the next morning I did have a little bit of eaters remorse, but at the same time I work out hard, and I knew it would come off, just might take a little longer to lose the weight than if I hadn't eaten it. So slight eaters remorse, but it's ok.
Ok, moving on (Promise, I won't go into such detail about every day)
Tuesday I went to zumba at the church. It was a little intimidating at first because there were all these skinny mini's that knew all the steps, but once we got started I realized no one was looking at me (because I was hiding in the back - haha) and I had a lot of fun. I stumbled over a lot of the steps, but I think after a couple more weeks I'll know it a lot more, and still even though I didn't know it all right away it was a GREAT workout. Talk about sweat. And I can really feel it in my legs still.
Yesterday I ran 4 miles and it was HARD! My legs are still tired from last week, and my plantar fasciitis has been killing me! I need to do better with icing it. I did go get some more cortisone shots yesterday. I tried telling the dr. that I'd cut back on my running, but he took one look at my feet and laughed and said, "yeah, I see the blisters on your feet. I don't think you've cut back. I just want to know how many marathons you've run since you came last." Luckilly he'll still give me the shots, and he says I'm not doing any permanent damage, but I won't heal completely unless I stop running, so it's just going to be more pain for me. With the shots it is bearable, at least so far it has helped. I also bought a night splint to wear that keeps my foot flexed with should help a lot.
So there is my midweek report, and I'm happy because even after my binge on Sat. Sun. and Mon. this morning I was finally right back at my weigh in weight from last Friday. Hopefully I can at least stay here till the weigh in (or it would be great if I actually lost!) but I won't get my hopes up.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you are back at weigh in weight! Great job Sarah! You are doing awesome and looking so skinny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, if anyone is a Superwoman its you! My goodness, you are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete