Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard

Vacation is hard! Our trip started Thursday and I was actually VERY good on the way up. Because of money we didn't even get any fast food on the way up - we packed all our meals, which made it a lot easier to be healthy. Friday morning I woke up and ran 3 miles, and ate a somewhat healthy breakfast. BUT..... we went to a birthday party for my nephew at about 1:00 - I think breakfast was the last healthy thing I ate all weekend. My big weakness is sugar! Cake and ice cream are just too good. Then to make it worse, we were staying with my brother who had the son with the birthday, so all the left over cake was there all weekend, tempting me. Who am I kidding, it wasn't even really like a temptation, I just saw it and ate it, no struggling with temptation. I am proud to say that even though I still eat like a pig on vacation I did work out more than I EVER have on vacation. I also went running on Saturday. I ran 10 miles. It was a beautiful run, up in the mountains. It was a little cold, but I'd rather run in cold than heat any day. It actually hailed on us - that wasn't so fun. That 10 mile run is the farthest I've gone since the half marathon and it was not that bad. In fact I had to keep questioning if we really did run all 10 miles because I wasn't sore all day, and I didn't have to have a 2 hour nap to recover.

So, I might be crazy, but it was such an enjoyable run and it was also fun running with my sister in law that she's talked me into doing another half marathon when we go up to Utah in July. I'm oddly excited. There is also a 5K and a 10K option. I have some other family members that are going to be doing those as well.

Obviously I GAINED a lot over the weekend. I did really good yesterday. I also went running 4 miles outside after Jerry got home. It was SO hard. I need to remember to take water when I run in the heat.

So now I'm STILL 4 pounds higher then I was for last week's weigh in, but I've only been eating good for 1 day. Hopefully I can at least lose 2 of those pounds before weigh in.

Oh, I lost my camera in UT. (Left it at the distribution center on accident.) So I'm going to try to do my new month pic with my phone, if it doesn't work I might have to have one of you come and take a picture of me. Even though I really don't think there has been much of a physical change this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment