Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sarah's weigh in- and um.. Friday and Saturday runs

I just got back and semi rested up from my first Ragnar Relay Race. It was so much fun - but I won't lie. It was SO hard! My first run was Friday afternoon at about 1:00. It was only 3.8 miles, but it was HOT! That made it hard, and I pushed myself really hard to try to improve my speed. It worked! Then I ran again at about 9:00 last night. It was a 7 mile run. A nice, gradual downhill run. I also wanted to push myself since it was downhill I figured I could make up some good time. It was HARD! It was easier because it was downhill, but because I was pushing myself faster it was hard. My arches were killing me too, but I survived. Then the rest of my van continued running till about 3:00 or 3:30 that morning and my tummy issues surfaced. You know how I get an upset tummy after running far distances - it hit with a vengence. It didn't help that I hadn't eaten much food during the day other than a subway sandwich, that had been made several hours before, and had been sitting in the fridge at one of our exchange stations. I didn't want to eat too much junk or it would make me sick, but I did have a couple cookies, and it probably added a little to the ache. Still - it was worth it. When our van finished up and traded with our other team van we had a couple hours to rest. We went to the junior high exchange station and laid out our sleeping bags on the wrestling mats in the gym and I zonked out! I got a good 2 - 3 hours of sleep, but it helped SO much. Then we were up again by 6 and got a little food. I started my run at I think around 8:00 or 8:30ish. It was only 6.1 miles, but I COULD NOT get my legs to move. I went as fast as I could, but it wasn't very fast. I kept hearing Kim's words - echoing Marlo, "Keep the bounce" in my mind. At several points I knew I could probably walk faster, but if I stopped to walk it would be that much harder to run again. I did it! I'll post some pictures later, when I upload them to my computer, but it was an AWESOME experience! I'm so glad I did it! Pushed me to the limit, and it was so fun!
As far as weight loss. I lost 1 pound this week! (as of Friday morning) I'll take it! I would have LOVED to lose more, but 1 pound is still a loss.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Sarah!! And good job with the pound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you did it! What an amazing accomplishment! Who cares about weight loss this week, you just ran the Ragnar!!

    ReplyDelete