Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Temptation Island - or midweek report

This has been the week of temptations for me. I pigged out on Sunday, but it was my planned "free day" so I didn't feel too guilty about it. But then we went to a breakfast buffet Monday morning and I ate till I was beyond full. But I had sugar free syrup... that counts for something doesn't it.
Tuesday I had to do a luncheon, but I had a big pep talk with myself before going, telling myself that I didn't need any of the delicious banana cream pie. And I was so proud of myself that I didn't have any!
Today, I tried having that same pep talk with myself because it was Jerry's birthday and I even told him a couple days ago that I wasn't going to have any cake and ice cream at his party. The temptation was JUST TOO GREAT! I gave in. Sugar is my big weakness. In my defense I did make the cake and had resisted for so long, but when you make a yummy dessert it's hard to resist. So I did have cake and ice cream. 2 pieces. I know I didn't need it, and I really wish I wouldn't have had that second piece, but it was delicious. And I WON'T let this get me down. I worked out really hard today. Ran my 3 miles, and walked an additional 1/2 mile on an incline. I am going to start adding incline to my run. Not looking forward to that, but it will help in the long run.
As far as the rest of my mini goals go, I've been doing pretty good. Other than I should be getting a little more sleep. So on that note I think I will go to bed now instead of staying awake blogging.

1 comment: