Friday, January 22, 2010

End of the Week Weigh-In....Kim

I know we're supposed to weigh in on Saturday, but seeing my situation I decided to weigh in today. Again I have posted no weight loss, but the good thing is I also have not gained. In the past few weeks I have honestly been quite upset about my progress, but after some prayer and logical thinking I am sure I have figured out my problem. So, on Thursday I have a doctor's appointment to fix that problem. Sarah and Korina, you know what I'm doing, so for all you other readers, and I know you're out there even though you haven't become a follower, this is my problem. I have a bad history with birth control. I ALWAYS gain excessive weight when I am on it. This time around I did pretty good until November. It was at that point that my form of birth control made a drastic change to my body. This drastic change caused a 15 lb weight gain that I have not been able to lose. As depressing as it has been I honestly feel relieved that I have figured it out. I no longer feel defeated. The good news is that my husband completely supports me in my decision to remove the birth control. Who knows, I may be having a baby this year. Getting pregnant will not stop me from losing weight though. I have spoken with my doctor and because I am so over weight it will be a good thing for me to lose weight as long as I continue doing it the right way. So, I am very excited about this new development and I pray it solves my problem.

I also got my new shoes this week and I am looking forward to the 5 mile run tomorrow. It will be hard, but so invigorating at the same time.

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I hope it works for you! You have been working SO hard, and hopefully after that the weight will just fall off. I'm getting a little worried because I'll have to be deciding about birth control soon since I'm weaning. I always gain about 15 lbs. in 3 months when I go on the pill, without changing anything in my diet and exercise.
    Don't give up, and I'm glad you're still excited for our run tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete