Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fried Ice Cream is of the Devil!

Last night a family from Jerry's mission was in town and took us out to dinner. I pep talked myself all day about how I can find something healthy to eat at a restaurant. So we went to Guadalajara's - mmmm so good. It's the first time I've been there. I stared and stared at that menu and couldn't find anything that really said "HEALTHY" to me. I tried my best. The meal I ordered was an appetizer, meal, and dessert. I didn't eat the appetizer because that's what we gave our children for their meal. I got a fajita burrito. No, probably not super healthy but at least it wasn't smothered in cream sauce and cheese, and I'm pretty sure it said it was baked, not fried. And I didn't even eat the whole thing. So far so good right. Then they bring out the dessert. I'd always heard about fried ice cream, but had never tried it. I was weak! I gave in! I couldn't just let it sit there uneaten, melting away. But, oh was it good!!! BUT - on a positive note, the old Sarah would have come home and figured I've messed up anyway so I'll pull more ice cream out of the fridge and enjoy, but the new Sarah came home and drank lots and lots of water. Eating out is so hard. Especially when we don't go out that often, so when we do I want to get something I enjoy and make it a yummy experience. So yes, a fail for yesterday, but today is a new day and hopefully I can get that yummy ice cream off my butt before it stays for long. Now I've got to go work out!

1 comment:

  1. Who could say no to fried ice cream...that is just asking too much!

    ReplyDelete