Saturday, January 23, 2010

5 mile run aftermath part 2!

How frustrating!! My body is not cooperating with me in any way this month. No weight loss, and pain when running long distances. I have to say this officially sucks!! =)

I know that sounds like I'm complaining, but really I'm not. I just have a lot to work through. My status as of this evening:

- my body feels great after the run...not even nearly as sore as last week.
- I now have pain in my ankle and foot
- I feel awesome because this afternoon I went to Sandy's Oasis and got a 1 hr European facial...SO NICE!!

That facial was fantastic...she had ocean waves with soft music going, and it felt so good to get pampered. Luckily it was already paid for otherwise there was no way I could've done it.

Okay, so I looked up foot pain and I either have a stress fracture or Morton's Neuroma. Either way, running long distances is out for me. That is unless the podiatrist says otherwise. I will be calling this week for an appointment.

I think I've changed my mind on what I want to do next Saturday. I know you guys are running another 5 miles, but since I can't I figured I could try and decrease my time on my 5 k. I'm more than likely gonna go to the race and just do the 5k instead so why not work on that? Long distances may be out, but who says I can't run faster on something shorter?

I'm going to buy a measuring tape this week if I can't find mine so girls, next Saturday we begin measuring!! This is gonna be fun!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Don't get too down on yourself Kim. You CAN do it. Just remember, you may not be losing weight or inches now, but your strength is up there and yoru endurance is up as well. Next comes off the weight and inches. I KNOW you can do it. Just keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete