Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Grammy Speech!

Well today we ran 5 miles! YUP!! That is right 5 miles. We were planning on running 4 miles then when we got to Kim's house she said, " You guys want to run 5miles?" And we were like well do we really have any feeling after 4 anyways so what is one more mile!! So we did it!! We did awesome!!

I think for me I really need a team support to get back into shape! And I thought about that alot while I was running today. M, W, & F I need Marlo, Monica, Monta, & Kim there supporting me along and not letting me stop. And I need Sarah and Kim on Saturdays again to keep me going. I would like think I could do 5 miles on my own. But I don't know I need my girls to keep me going. If they don't stop I am surely NOT!!

I am so excited that I was able to run 5 miles today!! The last Friday in October I started running. The first time I could barely do 1/2 a mile and Marlo was right there supporting me on! By the time I finished I thought I was going to die! Then a few weeks later we did a mile! And I had to walk some of it I could not even do the whole thing. And then we did the 5K right before Thanksgiving! And I ran the whole thing! That experience gave me such confidence to know that I could 3.1 miles! Then last week 4 miles and then the week 5 miles! It honestly brings tears to my eyes to beable run that far! I was so out of shape and to know that I can run that far is such a great feeling.

-I am so thankful for Marlo for making me do that first half mile and for her continued support and push to go as far as I can!
-I am thankful for Monta & Monica for also being there every M,W &F to push me along
-I am thankful for Sarah & Kim for during this journey with me! Sometimes I feel like I have just so far to go! That I will never get there! But these two girls keep me going! Thank you girls!!
-I also love that my husband has also joined me on this journey it has been fun cheering each other on! And next year at this time we will be one HOT couple!! AND NOT PREGNANT!! (well pregnancy is not in the plan)

Now that I accepted my grammy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, hey, where's my thank you for getting you to come work out with us in the first place!! LOL... that is a good positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete