Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kim's thoughts....

We had FHE last night and I came to a realization. You can't control the treat when the kids are in charge. Yesterday was a good day. I planned my meals and they went according to plan...except lunch. I smelled the turkey and it had gone bad so I was out of luck...nothing to eat, except this piece of cheese pizza left over from Saturday, a corn dog, chicken nuggets or pb &j...what do you think I ate?? Nothing good! So since my lunch was bad I stayed really good about my snacks and dinner was awesome. I did a great job making beef stew for the first time. Then came treats for FHE...BROWNIES AND VANILLA ICE CREAM!!! My faaavooritte!! Let's just say it was a not so good day for me.

I have decided I am finally going to weigh myself and see the damage from December. You'll see my ticker and figure out the results. =)

1 comment:

  1. I hate that when you have a plan, but it gets ruined. That happened to me the other day when I got the cottage cheese out of the fridge, but it expired Dec. 13! A little too far past the date to try. One thing I like to keep handy for those lunches that go bad, or when I'm feeling too lazy to plan is the natural peanut butter. It does cost a bit more than regular peanut butter, but the kids know it's mine, and only mine. Besides they don't like it anyway because it isn't as sweet. It also does have fat in it, but it's the "good fat" that we're supposed to have in our diets. I also try to have sugar free jam in the fridge, same thing, only for me because it is pricier than the reg. jam. But even when I don't (like now) I can make a PBJ with regular jam. I figure 1 TBS of jam isn't too horrible. yes, I know Jillian Michaels would beat me for saying that. As far as the FHE dessert goes. I totally agree, it's impossible to turn down goodies your children make - especially if they're your favorite. You did great the rest of the day. So onward and upward. Or downward as we're thinking of numbers on the scale!

    ReplyDelete