Sunday, January 17, 2010

5 mile run Aftermath

I don't know about you girls but yesterday was awful! After the run my foot was still in pain so I decided rather than ice it I'd soak it in Epsom salt...it worked great. The problem was that the leg cramp I got on our way up Charleston to Hollywood hit me like a ton of bricks. I realized I hadn't stretched yet so that is what I immediately did. I sat on the floor stretching for about 15 minutes. It felt sooo good, but the cramp would not go away. I had to shower and get ready for the day so I did that, we went out and ended up being out until about 8 o'clock. The whole time we were out my leg had this constant cramp in it. I wish I would have thought to take ibuprofen...I really don't know what I was thinking going without it. Anyway, we got home and I needed to put Teagan into bed therefore, I had to go up the stairs. SCREAMING PAIN IN MY KNEES!! And yet I still did not think to take a pain reliever. When I got downstairs I laid on my couch and did not move the rest of the night. I had to even convince myself to walk back up the stairs to go to bed.

So the point in all this...the question asked by both of you... "Why are we doing this?"

My answer:

We are doing this because we are sick and tired of not being able to shop in the regular Misses section at the store!

We are doing this because we have children at home and we need the energy to keep up with them...being a couch potato will not help!

We are doing this because the only way to lose weight is to get up off our rear ends and do something.

We are doing this because after the pain we feel really good about what we've accomplished.

We are doing this because we need girl time away from the kiddos.

We are doing this because nothing worth doing is easy.

We are doing this because WE CAN!!

I'm sure there are many reasons why we actually do this, but those are just a few I thought of.
I love you guys and I am so grateful I have good friends like you to share this experience with. You guys keep me motivated and give me the courage to do things I could not do on my own. Remember, after the pain comes the blessings.

Kim

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to have each other to keep going! It is great to have a team behind you for support!! And we Can do this!!

    ReplyDelete