Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Running in Fog

You probably saw my facebook...I did it. I ran about 3.3 miles in the fog today. We don't know the exact mileage because Marlo kept having to double back on me but we figure about that. The good news... it only took me about 35 minutes!! Don't know the exact time on it either, but it was less than it took me to do the 5k so I'm happy.

I didn't plan on going out today because it was raining so much yesterday but at 5:25 this morning I woke up and could not go back to sleep. I figured rather than laying in bed trying to sleep I should just get up and get moving so that's what I did. Okay, so running in fog...OH MY GOODNESS! The air was thick, it was so humid! What I thought was funny was when I went to wipe the sweat off my forehead I ended up wiping icicles out of my bangs.

So anyway, on my run this morning I was pondering the question, why have I not lost weight. It is really starting to bug me. I feel like I do all this work for nothing and as much as I want to focus on the positives it is becoming harder and harder every week. Looking at my diet, I think I'm fine...over all I eat healthy, balanced meals, and I exercise, we all know I exercise. So, the only thing I can look at for improvement is my water intake. I make the cups of water, its drinking them that I have a problem with. Last night before bed I realized I had only had 1 big cup of water that day...1!! 32 oz!! So, my goal for the next few days is to DRINK WATER! The sad thing is, the only thing I had to drink yesterday was water so this morning when I went out on my run I was dehydrated and I could feel it.

Congrats on the progress you guys have made!! You both are looking great! Remember we've got pics for the month coming soon so let's rock it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment