Sunday, January 2, 2011

You're Right Sarah!

This is a new year, new month and definitely time for new goals. I started off last year on a good foot which very slowly turned into a bad foot. (lol) Despite my desire to work hard and lose weight I had MANY challenges that kept me from doing so. Now, after basically giving up in July I sit here 1 size bigger than I began last year. Totally depressing if you really think about it. I'm not even counting the 17 lbs I've already gained 27 weeks into my pregnancy. This January I am keeping my goals small. There is not too much I can do in the last tri-mester, but I can end this pregnancy right.

GOAL #1
COOK!!! I haven't done much cooking the last two months because we've been crazy busy. That has got to stop. Homemade food is the best for you and that is what I want going in my body...the best.

GOAL #2
Walk on the treadmill every morning for at least 15 minutes. I really don't know how much I can do in this area because, first off... I'm so out of shape, second I've had a lot of lower back pain this time around. So I say no less than 15 minutes with a goal of 30.

Goal #3
Leave junk food for Saturday. I'm talking dessert. The kids love it when I make cookies, but that is going to have to stay a Saturday thing and then when I do make them, I need to eat less of them! =) I can't resist them either!

That's it for now. Once this little guy decides to join the world and I've recovered things will change, but until then I have to do the best I can with the situation I'm in and pray for the strength to carry on. It has been so hard to move out of the neighborhood and away from you guys. I know I'm not far, but the small distance makes a difference when we don't see each other on Sunday. It does help in the way that when Skyler finally gets a job, we'll be moving a lot farther so no matter what...in a way I have to find the motivation on my own. I don't want to move away and quit just because I have no one to exercise with. I really do long for the day I can report a significant weight loss and have great pics up like you guys do. It does make me feel good to know that I had some part in your motivation to achieve your goals. I am so happy for both of you and the progress you've made. You are both strong women in every way and 2 of the best people. I am glad you are both my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome goals Kim. You're right. It is never too late. It is your last trimester, but I think walking for 15 min. a day is an excellent goal. You don't even have to walk fast. You can do it. It is very hard to exercise and actually cook when you're so busy, and being pregnant doesn't help. At least I remember when I'm pregnant it is exhausting to go up the stairs, but I do feel much better when I get a bit of exercise. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing awesome! I have been scared to step on the scale!! Its a new year and a new start! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete