Tuesday, January 25, 2011

lost and found

I think I'm going to head to the lost and found to see if I can find my motivation that has been lost! I've not been horrible, but I'm not nearly motivated like I've been before. I don't know what my problem is??! Maybe I'm just a little burned out. Who knows. All I know is that I need to get it back. I have been exercising but even with that I know I'm not pushing myself to the limit like I was before. As far as my diet - when I'm good, I'm good, when I'm bad, horrible. I think the most frustrating part of all this is that I thought I had made permanent changes, and wouldn't return to the old Sarah. Maybe I need to just find another race and sign up and that will motivate me. But I also feel like my body is so sore and needs time to heal, and this is a good time. My feet have been hurting SO badly, and my knees too. It's kinda pathetic that after my last two Saturday runs - a little over 6 miles, my body has been as sore as it was when we used to run 10 miles. What's up with that?? I could go get some more cortisone shots, and it would help take away the pain at least, but it is also just temporary.
I'm contemplating just walking instead of running. I'd do a speed walk and try to burn as many calories as possible, but I know my knees would feel a little better. I'm sorry, I don't mean to just complain. I want to keep up my exercising, but I also want to look forward to it, and right now I kind of dread running because it hurts. The problem with walking is that even though it is a good fat burner, running can burn so many more calories is such a shorter time. I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained during the holidays and it's going so slowly. Do I dare slow it down that much more by walking instead of running. I can also bike and swim too I know. I just don't want to feel like I'm giving up at all by not running. What to do? What to do??

3 comments:

  1. I think you should find a triathalon and train for that. My reasoning is this... its a good mix of biking, swimming and running. If you do a small one you'll run a 5k, swim an 800 meter and bike 13 miles... at least that what I think it is. You would do awesome! It gives your body a little bit of a rest from running because you don't need to go so far and you exercise other muscles by doing the biking and swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe mine and your motivation is on a vacation together! When you find yours will you send mine home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea Kim. I've always thought it would be fun to do a triathalon. I'll have to check into that one. Yes, Korina, if I find yours I'll definitely bring it to you. You have a good excuse though. I'm sure you'll find it in about 6 months.

    ReplyDelete