Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Are we there yet??

I don't have anything major to write about, but I also think it's good to keep up on the blog throughout the week, because it keeps my motivation up. And let's be honest, don't you get excited when you see that there is a new post? I do.
So here is my mid-week report for the week. So far so good. I've been keeping up on eating good, exercising, etc. I'm back to my Friday morning weight which is good because I TOTALLY pigged out not just one day last weekend, but Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.
I can't believe the 1/2 marathon is only two long runs, and a sort-of-long run away. That is how I look at it, rather than weeks. Honestly I am liking running more than I ever thought I would, but the Saturday runs are hard. Mainly it's the fact that we have to go so early to beat the heat, and because we're going to be gone so long. And wow, 11 miles is far. But it gives such gratification, and confidence to know I can do it. Korina and I were talking today as we were running and just marveling at how far we've come. I remember after the Turkey Trot 5K I was wiped out, and needed a good nap that afternoon. That was only 3.1 miles! Now when I see 3 miles on the running schedule I think, "Oh, easy day."
I'm so glad we decided to do this half marathon, but I will be honest. First, I'm still scared about it. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it running the whole time - unless my adreneline gets the best of me and I start out too fast. I have to pace myself. I'm also a little scared because I think I pulled a muscle in my leg, but at this point I really don't feel like I can sit out a week. I need every run to prepare for this race. Second, I'll be really excited when the race is done. I still definitely want to keep up on my running, but it will be nice to cut back on the Saturday runs so we aren't running 2+ hours, just 1 would be nice. But, on the flip side I hope my motivation doesn't lack once the race is done. Right now I know I HAVE to run, or I won't be prepared.
One thing I really need to work more on is getting sleep. I need to let my body regenerate, and also it is hard to make it throughout the day with working out without enough sleep.
I'll be taking new month pictures tomorrow! I'll try to get them on tomorrow, but it might not be till my weigh in post on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I love new posts too! I'm just choosing not to do them for a while. I'm so glad you're doing well. You look skinnier every time I see you. Pretty soon you'll be wearing a size 2 and we'll be wondering where you went! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kim! Every time I see you I am like WOW she is getting so skinny! You are doing awesome!! I agree we need to do the blog more it keeps us on our feet.

    ReplyDelete