Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weigh In and 11 miles!

This week I lost 2lbs! Finally hit 20lbs! This week I kind of felt like I was not trying very hard, but then I thought about it, and I was being good. I have just made being good part of my life now so it is not has hard. Not saying there is not going to be rough days, but at least every day is not a rough day.

Now for running!! I stuck to the schedule this week hoping it would get me ready for the big 11 miles! Well I did run the whole thing. But I just wish I was faster. I was really down on myself today while running. Part of me thinks KORINA you are running 11 miles who cares how fast you go. The other part just wants to go faster!! Then people say well JUST pick up the pace. WELL if I could!! I would!! I was so happy when I ran into Monta then I could stop thinking about how slow I was and just talk to her!! I stuck to the schedule this week hoping that the run would go easier. But I am so so sore!! It hurt so bad. Then there was a crazy bike rider who almost ran into Monta and I so somehow I stubbed my toe, and it hurts! Along with every other part of my body also!!! Okay there is my one man pity party!! On to 12 miles next week!

3 comments:

  1. Korina you are doing awesome!! You are not slow, I promise. You are doing 11 miles, that is an accomplishment in itself. Sorry, I kinda pulled ahead earlier, but I was feeling good, and wanted to see if I could do it faster. Please don't get down on yourself. Great job on the 2 lb.!! I'm so happy for you that you met your 20 lbs. That is amazing, and you are looking so great. By the way, Marlo says one more week of 11 miles, then 12 miles, then 8. DANG! I was excited for only one more week of a really long run before the race. But I guess that will ultimately help us on race day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't start getting down on yourself now!! My brother and I just had this conversation last night. It doesn't matter how slow you are because there are always people behind you. Even if you are in last place there are people behind you because you finishing the race inspires others to get started. Being able to run 11 miles non-stop is a huge accomplishment. Be proud of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah do not be sorry! I want you to run as fast as you can! And thank you both. But I am doing better! Tonight was the General YW broadcast and it was awesome, it was just want I needed a spirtual boost! Presiden Uchdorff(SP?) even at one time gave the example of a marathon. It was really good. So to say the least I feel tons better.

    ReplyDelete