Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sarah's weigh in and 11 mile aftermath

Are we completely crazy??! I hardly slept last night because I was running in my dreams all night. When I'd wake up I was so sad that I still had to actually do the run. I've been really nervous about the 11 miles all week, even though I did 10 and knew I could do 11, but still it's a lot. We woke up before the sun on a SATURDAY! and ran 11 miles! I think we are crazy. I've had my nap to refresh from the big 11 mile run today, so I feel much better - till I stand up to walk around. My legs are killing me, my quad muscles ache every time I sit down, and my foot has been hurting a lot this week. Oh the joys of running. I did push myself a little harder today, I knew I had to be back early enough for Jerry to get to work, and the run wasn't actually too bad. Marlo was kind enough to run slower (than her regular pace) and stick with me today. That helped me to go a little faster too. She also had some electrolite jelly beans that give that burst of energy when you need it. I think I'm going to have to buy me some of those. I'm proud of myself for improving my time a bit, but I do feel it now. I just need to keep stretching and icing and hopefully it will be much better by tomorrow. But as of right now I'm hobbling around like an old lady, and my kids are doing lots of running up and down the stairs for me because I can't bear to even think about the stairs. So yes, we are crazy, but what an accomplishment. It feels so good to know that I ran 11 miles, and I am pretty sure I will be able to do 13.1 - even if I won't be able to walk for the whole next week.
As for my weigh in, I'm using yesterday's weight for my weigh in because I went to lunch yesterday, and pretty much ate bad all night. So I lost 4 1/2 pounds. Yes, that does sound like a lot, but really it was losing the 2 pounds I put on from Disneyland. So really I lost 2 1/2 pounds. Yippee!

2 comments:

  1. You're gonna do great when you get to run the marathon! Keep up the GREAT work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You reached your goal you lost 35lbs by April 1st!

    ReplyDelete