Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lost but now found

This week I have a tough week!! I think coming back from a weekend of doing everything wrong and trying to get back on the horse has been really hard. I have had no motivation this week. To be honest the only thing that kept me going was that I have to much pride to tell Sarah or Kim that I QUIT and to let all the work I have done go to waste!! So today when we met up to run the 6 miles I was like GREAT(NOT) but I knew I just had to prove to myself that I could do it. Then Sarah came over and we decided we should do 7 miles to prepare for the earlier half marathon. So we ran and I finished without walking!! :) A little slow, but as long as I finish is the only thing I care about!! I am not going to lie at first I had the worst shin splits. They hurt so bad. Finally they went away and I coasted then I got really hungry. I know weird right? My stomach was growling then my legs started getting sore yes while I was running!! But I finished and it gave my the motivation that I needed!! So I found my MOTIVATION!!! and I am very happy to have it back!! My new goal and something to help me keep my motivation is to loose 5lbs by the time Gary's sister and her family come visit us.. They are coming during spring break. So weigh in I maintained this week. I did gain just about 6lbs in California so to loose all that is a good thing!

Training schedule:
Okay Sarah I looked at the Calendar if we add a mile every week until April 10 we will be up to 12 miles. Then on the 17th run 7 miles and the following week is the half marathon. What do you think?

Kim I believe they do have a 5K I will email the website!

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you at least lost what you gained. I wish I could have run with you guys, but this cough kept me up all night and unfortunately it is still going. Every time I start exherting myself I start coughing. Needless to say I won't be a church today. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete