Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pre Vacation Weight

After the workout this morning I am back to pre Vacation weight!! YIPPEE!! I am hoping to lose at least one more pound by the end of the week.

Mid week check, I am doing pretty good. I am having a hard time drinking the 8 glasses of water. I have been working out, but I have had a hard time getting back into it. I am so worried about the run on Saturday, after taking a few days off I already feel so out of it. So I am just going to take it slow and hopefully be able to finish even if it takes 2 hours to run 6 miles. (Hopefully not that long) On Calorie Counting there is a great website it is http://www.sparkpeople.com/ and it is a free diet website. It is awesome has food journal, your own profile, counts calories, tons of recipes with Nutritional Info, support groups, fun little water triggers. Check it out it is awesome. The problem with Calorie Counting is I don't have time to go online to put everything in. But I have been doing it in my head. I have been eating a orange for breakfast, for lunch I have been having pita pizza, and for dinner I have been trying recipes from this site. They have been really good so far!! So I have been under my calorie count this week! I still am not back to normal my body still feels gross from all the crap this weekend. I would like to loose 15 pounds by May 1, 2010!

Recipes:
Sarah actually gave me the idea on the Pita Pizza
Wheat Pita Bread-130 calories (Pita Bread is really cheap at Fresh & Easy)
Pizza Sauce-15 calories (you use just half of a serving so it last forever)
Cheese-110 Calories
One Slice of lunch Meat- 15 calories

Bake in the oven at 400 for about 10mins.

So only 270 calories!!

Taco Salad- I made this the other night I got it from Sparkpeople. It is more like Chicken Chili but the kids also enjoyed it!

1lb Chicken breast
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 16 oz-Can Pinto Beans
1 16 oz-Can Chili Beans (Hot, medium, or mild to taste)
1 16 oz-Can Whole Kernel Corn
1 8 oz-Can Mexican tomatoes
1 8 oz-Can Tomatoes

Cook chicken breast and cut into bite-sized pieces. Chop onion. Combine chicken breast and onion with remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.

Total Calories: 145.6!! Isn't that wonderful!!
I also added Cheese which is 110 calories
Crackers-60 Calories
Fat Free Sour Cream-20 Calories

A whole meal for only 335 calories! It was very yummy!! There was also leftovers and Gary brought it to work.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try the taco salad recipe. You probably feel yucky from vacation because you're still tired. It always takes me a week to recover from a vacation at Disneyland. Usually because I'm up all day walking and I don't get good sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete