Saturday, September 18, 2010

Whatever!

I decided to weigh in this morning instead of yesterday because for the last several weeks I've been eating bad on Friday because I figure I've already weighed in. Then I eat bad all weekend. So I did good yesterday, but it made no difference. I still didn't reach last week's weigh in. I gained 1/2 a pound this week. At first I was mad, then bummed, then apathetic. Whatever.. But now I'm ok. I WILL lose it. I have 6 1/2 pounds to lose before my birthday and I can do it!!

So after my weigh in I headed out for my 6 mile run. I did 7 miles last week and it felt great, but I was worried about this run because I was going for speed with Marlo and my foot was a little sore. After my 4 mile run and zumba on Thursday my foot was really hurting. It isn't my same plantar fasciitis pain, but it feels similar to the pain I had when I had actually torn the fascia. The cortisone shots have worn off so I've been wearing the splint at night, and I wonder if maybe it hadn't completely healed yet, and when it is contracted all night it hinders the healing. Not sure, but that's what I'm speculating. Anyway. I just walked 1 1/2 miles yesterday and it didn't hurt quite so bad this morning so I figured it would be fine, it would hurt, but I could push through the pain for only 6 miles. The first 3 miles were great, and I was going at a really good pace. It was faster than I've gone in a while. Then at mile 4 I really started to feel my foot hurting. I tried to push it, but at 4 1/2 miles I couldn't go any farther. I had to stop and walk. It hurt even walking. I walked about another mile before Monta picked me up to take me home. Such a bummer!

So running is out for the next week or two. Part of me is ok with this and looking on the bright side, and part of me is scared to death. I am so scared to lose momentum. I don't want this to be something that gets me out of the habit. Obviously I like to eat, and running burns more calories than biking, and I HAVE to lose this weight!! But on the bright side, my feet have been hurting a lot and it will be good to give them a short rest. I've also loved going to the gym the last couple weeks, so I'm looking forward to that. And maybe, just maybe the change in routine will help me lose the weight and get over this eternal plateau. I think zumba is out for the next couple weeks too. All the jumping and twisting on your feet hurts. I can go to the gym at that time cause that's when Hayden and Rebecca are in school and I can put Syd in the daycare at the gym. It will only be a couple dollars, the same amount I was paying for the kids to be watched during zumba in the summer. I also have weights, and pilates dvds here at home. And on the mornings where Jerry doesn't go in till 7:00 I can wake up early and go to the gym before he goes to work. It will work. (I'm having a pep talk with myself) I have the tools, I just have to keep the momentum and do it!

My goal for the next week is to lose 3 pounds. I know that sounds like a lot, but that's weight I've already lost and put back on within the last couple weeks. I'm going to be so good this week and it WILL come off!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah! I am sorry, But you can do it! I can watch the kids whenever you need to hit the gym or DOCTOR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be safe, I would stick to the pool and weights. The pool burns a lot more calories than running and biking, especially if you push it. Not to mention, you're not putting pressure on your foot at all, allowing healing time. You can do this!! Oh, another benefit of the pool is it increases your endurance because of how you breathe when swimming. Better endurance will help you run at a faster pace when you get back into it. All this depends on whether or not you're swimming properly (head down, breathing to the side). Good luck and let me know if you need help with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete