Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sarah's Weigh in

I lost weight this week! It was only 1 1/2 pounds and I was REALLY hoping for 3. At the beginning of the week I was feeling very hopeful that I might reach the 3, but then the weight loss slowed down. Still though, I'm happy because I had a fear that I might not lose anything just because when I run I am exhausted afterwards, and I feel like I burn so many more calories than I do biking or swimming. But I have to say, it has actually been VERY fun doing bike, weights, and swimming this week. It's good to change things around a bit.
I'm planning to start running again on Tuesday, but I'm only going to do a mile. I have to tell myself that and stick to it so that then after I'm done I can assess how I feel afterwards, not just during the run. Then I'll run maybe 2 on Thursday and I'm planning on 3 for Saturday. That might be hard though. I know I'm going to want to do more. If the other two days go well, I MIGHT do 4 - don't kill me Korina- but no more than that. Then maybe I'll walk a little farther. Or, I was thinking today as I rode the bike maybe I'll start by biking until everyone is around 3 or 4 miles, then I'll ride back home, and run the route backwards and meet up, and then turn around an finish. I really liked riding bike today. I've been doing stationary bike at the gym, but I got to ride outside today. It was fun, and a good workout. Not as hard as running, but still good. I rode almost 15 miles. The only problem is that my booty is SORE! That seat becomes very hard after 8 miles.
My goal for this next week is going to be to lose 3 pounds. I know, still ambitious, but better to shoot for the stars right?!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! And you know your body and your listen to it so I will not guilt you!! Cograt on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete