Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sarah's midweek report!

So I don't have a ton to report other than I am EXHAUSTED!!! I have not been getting enough sleep at all this week because I've been so busy with stuff that has to get done, and it can only be done without kids around. I realized today though that I have been focusing so much on exercising and losing weight and all that, bordering on obsessive. Part of that was intentional because when I start something new I really have to stay on it big time and be a little OCD with it because it is so easy to slip back, and I really wasn't happy where I was at - weight/health wise. So even though it was partly intentional, it probably isn't good to be too obsessive :) But this week I've been so busy and haven't been able to obsess as much, and I realized today that I can have a life and still be healthy without having to concentrate on it all the time. I've still eaten just as healthy and exercised just as much, which has been very hard because I've been so tired, but it's not been on my mind as much. Does that make sense? That means it's not as hard as it used to be and hopefully this means I'm making lifestyle changes that will be permanent, even when I have stressful weeks. This doesn't mean it won't be something I think about a lot, I know I will because it's a goal I'm working towards, and I still want to stay strong in the face of temptation. Speaking of temptation... There has been a Snickers bar sitting on my counter ALL week, and it's been very tempting. But I haven't given in - yet.

2 comments:

  1. Who needs sleep!! So over rated! That is nice that it is becoming part of your life style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed extra sleep this week so I decided to take it, even on Wednesday when I was supposed to get up and exercise. Unfortunately, that day my sister-in-law thought I needed to get up so at 6:30 she snuck in my room and yanked me out of bed to exercise. So nice of her! =)
    Good job at keeping up with everything.

    ReplyDelete